Paddle the MILLERS RUN with Dawid Mocke – The World’s Best, Most Famous Downwind
Jump into a double ski with one of our pros and paddle the famous Millers Run
Alternatively, paddle the Millers Run in single ski while accompanied by one of our pros.
The Millers Run is a downwind paddling route between Millers Point and Fish Hoek beach. There are 2 launch points at Millers Point – the False Bay Ski Boat Club (Southern, Cape Point side of the point) and the Public Slipway (Northern, Simonstown side of the point). There are 2 finish points – the Fish Hoek Surf Lifesaving Club and the FHBSC (Beach Sailing Club).
The distance is between 11 and 11.8kms long depending on start and finish. To obtain an official record or time you must start behind Bakoven Rock which is 500m offshore from the Ski Boat Club. Realistically if you use the Northern slipway (a much easier launch) then you won’t paddle from Bakoven Rock and will therefore have a different benchmark time – which isn’t a problem per se, but at some point you will have to do the more difficult launch at the Ski boat club and paddle around the rock.
- Season: December to March
- Wind direction and strength: S, SE, SSE, N, NW, NNW – 15knots and above
- Course: Bakoven Rock, Millers Point to Fish Hoek Beach OR Reverse
- Distance: 11.6 – 12kms depending on tide and swell direction
- Cost Option 1: R1500 with 4 x World Surfski Series Champion, Dawid Mocke
- Cost Option 2: R1000 per person in double ski with an experienced downwind paddler
- Booking: The run will be at 14:00 every day the wind blows (subject to available instructors). Click “Book Now” button below to make your booking now.
- Fastest time – 36:36, Jasper Mocke, January 2016. (Previous record 37:21, Dawid Mocke, Feb 2008)
- Average boat speed – 19.1km/h
- Highest Winds speed paddled – 90km/h, March 2009, Tom Schilperoort, Adam Botma, Lyle Maasdorp