We decided to do some catching up with some of our athletes by asking them 9 questions…
1. Tell us about last year 2016 – What was your paddling highlight of 2016?
“First of all I highlight the results of Berg river marathon 3 rd, and marathon World champs k-2: 2nd and k-1: 4th.”
2. And perhaps your lowlight too?
“We got fell over at the European Championship (k-2) it was really bad feel.”
3. Some more about racing: Which was your toughest event last year and why?
“The hardest race was European championship (k-1, 3rd, place) event because the pace was really high and temperature was really warm.”
4. Did you learn any important life lessons (or purely practical) last year practical or life lessons?
“Yes, I learned about myself especially about my limits.”
5. We all have that one training session that we just love to do and then there is that one training session which we just HATE to do. Which are yours?
“I like all of the long distance training also with kayak or bike. I hate training when the weather is cold.”
6. How does the rest of 2017 look for you, which events are you most excited for and which events are your main goals?
“I wanna go all of the races where I can. Especially European championship, world championships, Berg, World Cup, Surfski World Championship, the doctor. I already done the Dusi and the Rio Negro beginning of the year. I try to race as much as I can this year.”
7. When it comes to MOCKE gear, please tell us which products you enjoy most and why? (And on that note: do you have any suggestions or changes you would like to see?)
“T-shirt and the life jackets are the best but I like all your products! All these are comfortable and the design are cool!”
8. Apart from your training and racing, what keeps you busy during the day and on weekends?
“I make and eat special Hungarian fish soup with my friends 2-3 times per week.”
9. Favourite post training coffee spot? Do you drink coffee? What about favourite post training meal or sandwich spot?
“Yes, I like drinking coffee, usually I drink my coffee at home, but if I’m going out I like the Starbucks coffee shop! I started to drink coffee this year, but I really like it.”